Home About Us FAQs Press Partners/Clients Testimonials Contact Us
Home > Childcare Center Director

As child care workers gain experience, some may advance to supervisory or administrative positions in large child care centers or preschools. Often, these positions require additional training, such as a bachelor’s or master’s degree. Qualified persons who are interested in this work should have little trouble finding and keeping a job.

Some employers prefer to hire child care workers who have earned a nationally recognized Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or the Certified Childcare Professional designation, have taken secondary or postsecondary courses in child development and early childhood education, or have work experience in a child care setting. Other employers require their own specialized training. An increasing number of employers require an associate degree in early childhood education.

Employment of child care workers is projected to increase about as fast as the average for all occupations through the year 2014.

US Bureau of Labor Statistics- Occupational Outlook Handbook

Take this assessment